Just finished listening to Isaac Asimov's Book!

Yeah - I just completed listening to some very interesting short stories by Isaac Asimov - I Robot series! My friend Shanks introduced me to this cool idea of listening to someone else read the book for you. Just pop the CD, fasten your seatbelt(am in the car you see) and keep listening. So the dirty work getting done, all you have to do is listen. I have never read an Isaac Asimov novel, as am not a great fan of sci-fi. But I tell you - this book (CDs) was awesome.
I, Robot is the title of Asimov's first collection of short stories. The short stories revolve around the 3 Laws of Robotics -
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. 2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
The Three Laws and the behavior of robots that resulted from their use became an implicit aspect of numerous science fiction stories that followed Asimov's popular positronic robot series. Check out the web site - http://www.asimovlaws.com/. What's amazing is - the fact that Asimov formulated this during 1920 or so!!! Unbelievable imagination!!
I have decided to read the novel - reading is more interesting that watching a movie or listening in this case! Strongly recommend you guys to read this...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home