Hakuna Matata

- "No Worries" (Lion King) - "Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible"

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Name Trouble!!!

I visited my friend Deepa in PA during the Easter weekend. My colleague Jagdeep accompanied me and I introduced him to my friend, Karthik (Deepa's hubby), Karthik's Mom among others at her place.
After settling and exchanging pleasantries, Deepa started – “Burdeep - would you like to have some tea”. I corrected Deepa saying “His name is Jagdeep”. She uttered she did not get the name right – fair enough!

After about 5 minutes Karthik's Mom walks in and goes – “Jagdeesh – lets have lunch!” Deepa’s friend also happened to witness this and we all laughed out loud and had a good lunch.

As it happens in every meeting – it was photo time – now Deepa was back to form – “Gurdeep – why don’t you also join us!” Called by different names - thrice already Jagdeep did not give up and said “Its Jagdeep….JAG-DEEP!” She blushed and said “We have a Punjabi friend called Gurdeep!” (should check the authenticity of this).

It was time to leave, we bid adios and were close to the door – it was Karthik's Mom's turn – “Kurdeep – it was nice meeting you! Visit us again!” I turned back and this time Jagdeep did not attempt to correct her … he was already in the car!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home