Chennai Lifestyle...
Well guys ... guess am following suit. This is a continuity on the comment that was posted in my friend Vimal's comment on Khushboo's recent statement. Dhinalamar carried an article about equality and life in general in today's Chennai. Check out the article here.
I said - "So - thats Chennai for you eh?!? I have talked about this in some other blog as well...the change in Chennai is ulti-fast and dunno where it is gonna lead the tomorrow's generation. Maybe its for good...who knows!!!"
Vimal's comment on this was funny -
Dude, What are you talking? How the hell can this be good for tomorrow's generation?
The girls in the 2nd picture having a tequila shot. What the 1@#!@#%
Even I have not had one of those in the last 2 years.
The girls in the 3rd picture. It's time for you girls to visit the gym.
The girl in the last picture, gulping the beer bottle...Kick Ass.
I bet the guy in the last picture is a gay.
Haa haa! Well, coming back to what I meant by good is that - probably its like a cycle ... people get into various things and over a period of time things calm down! So at some point, the tomorrow's youth have choices to make and they make the right choices. Whatz alarming about Chennai is the rate at which the transformation of once a "conservative" city to a "fast" city is taking place. Bangalore for instance is termed as a fast city, but from what I hear its been a relatively minor change when compared to 10 years ago and the younger generation are more sensible in the choices they make today. One thing is for sure - non can stop this change in Chennai ...!
Now - girls taking a Tequila shot - I am not sure if I can term it wrong! Again, this is their well and wish. I'd be a hypocrite if I go on to say this is perfectly fine. This is shocking. Gone are the days when you are used to seeing the girls wearing Churidhar and probably have the most common meeting place as a Coffee shop or a Restaurant...well now it is a Pub or a Discotheque or a Hotel!!! ;-) Hey - did you say gays in Chennai?!? This is today's Chennai!!! One has to remember this is not generalized and the wave has caught only a select crowd.
I said - "So - thats Chennai for you eh?!? I have talked about this in some other blog as well...the change in Chennai is ulti-fast and dunno where it is gonna lead the tomorrow's generation. Maybe its for good...who knows!!!"
Vimal's comment on this was funny -
Dude, What are you talking? How the hell can this be good for tomorrow's generation?
The girls in the 2nd picture having a tequila shot. What the 1@#!@#%
Even I have not had one of those in the last 2 years.
The girls in the 3rd picture. It's time for you girls to visit the gym.
The girl in the last picture, gulping the beer bottle...Kick Ass.
I bet the guy in the last picture is a gay.
Haa haa! Well, coming back to what I meant by good is that - probably its like a cycle ... people get into various things and over a period of time things calm down! So at some point, the tomorrow's youth have choices to make and they make the right choices. Whatz alarming about Chennai is the rate at which the transformation of once a "conservative" city to a "fast" city is taking place. Bangalore for instance is termed as a fast city, but from what I hear its been a relatively minor change when compared to 10 years ago and the younger generation are more sensible in the choices they make today. One thing is for sure - non can stop this change in Chennai ...!
Now - girls taking a Tequila shot - I am not sure if I can term it wrong! Again, this is their well and wish. I'd be a hypocrite if I go on to say this is perfectly fine. This is shocking. Gone are the days when you are used to seeing the girls wearing Churidhar and probably have the most common meeting place as a Coffee shop or a Restaurant...well now it is a Pub or a Discotheque or a Hotel!!! ;-) Hey - did you say gays in Chennai?!? This is today's Chennai!!! One has to remember this is not generalized and the wave has caught only a select crowd.
5 Comments:
At October 10, 2005 7:19 AM,
vimal said…
I agree with you on the rate of change in chennai.
It's liek as if a dam filled with water was opened 100%.
I believe that many people in India don't know the value of freedom.
They think things liek this are freedom and equality and modern. What a pathetic mindset.
Guys and Girls definitely cannot be equal.
At October 10, 2005 9:11 AM,
vimal said…
"Gone are the days when you are used to seeing the girls wearing Churidhar "
Did you notice that the girls in the churidar are the ones having a Tequila shot?
What's all that about girls scantily dressed. I see none like that?
At October 10, 2005 10:44 AM,
VJ said…
I did not get to see the scantily dressed gals either.
However - dude - I don't think the Tequila shot girls are wearing Churidar - are they? Its seems like one of those ethnic tops...not sure - we need some help here!
Similar to your analogy - When you have something really supressed, it would be a matter of time before it bursts out. The more you supress the more the impact when it bursts out!
At October 10, 2005 11:33 AM,
vimal said…
Dude, you are talking about feelings right?
At October 10, 2005 11:44 AM,
VJ said…
ya rite!
haa haa...
Post a Comment
<< Home