Hakuna Matata

- "No Worries" (Lion King) - "Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible"

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Football Fever!!!



Football season is here and all the folks out here can talk about nowadays is about 3 things - Football, more Football and even more Football!!! Football fever is gripping the folks out here and am not an exception! The fans are real crazy and the the sports language is the same every where - the sentiments, the emotions, the statistics, the die-hard fans, the atmosphere - you can get it all! Inititally when I came here, I never understood the game and used to think how can people follow this game?!? As the days passed by and as I started to watch the game and understand it a little bit - boy - it is gripping or what?!? Even now, I don't understand the entire rules, but I know enough to just watch the games!

Its funny, I was talking to a senior colleague of mine, who is a ardent Football fan. He was joking that during the Football season his wife and her friends plan their own trips and never get to be at home. He went on to mention that his wife does this to avoid any petty fights with him - he went to say - this is the best time of the year for him!!! I did not get to ask him was it because of the Football season or was it because his wife was away most of the time! Infact there is a term called
Football Widows - a term for those who have relationships with a die-hard football fan, that they give more attention to football than the spouse!!! I definitely can relate this to India and cricket. There are so many people who sit and watch the game without food and take it to the extend of doing post match analysis. Am sure there are so many Cricket Widows back home!

Buffalo has a pretty decent team. They are not in the league of Patriots or Eagles, but they have a very good defense. Being in Buffalo - am all set to support for the Bills! Go Bills...Go!!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home