Another Weekend...
Was a pretty relaxed weekend that just went by. Needed all the rest after a hectic week at work. Something that I always miss in Buffalo are good Indian restaurants. Earlier I used to religiously go the Indian restaurants out here every weekend - it was kind of a Saturday routine. But after I got to taste the true food in NJ, LA and other places, I seldom go. Infact once I took my friends from NJ to the best place out here and they cursed me for taking them there - thats when it struck me how stupid I had been to be going there week after week. Anywayz, as it had been a while, I thought I should get try the food in a place known as one of the best Indian restaurants in this area - Kabob and Curry. Been a while since I went there and thought things would have changed...yes they had changed, but it had changed to taste worse than before! Disappointing my taste buds was the last thing I wanted to do, so thought lemme give some treat to my eyes and picked up a lot of DVDs to keep myself entertained for the rest of the weekend. Ended up watching tamil movies - thats a different story...whatz the week days for...will surely get to these movies.
Watched the tamil flicks Ah Aah & Totti Jaya. Ah Aah was by SJ Suryah - not that I had planned to watch it - but it came my way and it had ARR music. The picturization of the songs were a little disappointing and I like to listen to Anbe Aaruiyire and Mayil Irege songs. The movie as such was just about okay. The director had tried to give life to memories and not sure if it worked out all that well. Totti Jaya was enacted by Simbu - though it had the same story line of a gangster falling in love and changing himself - it was quite fast paced and not boring. Harris Jeyaraj seems to be coming good in almost all movies. I like his songs in Ghajini as well. Interestingly - I watched my all time favorite movie - Mouna Ragam a couple of weeks ago. Compared to the recent movies I had watched - Mouna Ragam is far better. Mani is simply superb! I love the songs as well - so was thinking to myself - when is the next time I can watch a new movie that would get added to my all time favortie movie list.
Sunday was time for the Football game and Bills met the Falcons. I had expected a better showing from the home team Buffalo Bills - but they surrendered meekly to a better team today. Vick is a great Quarter back and his potential to throw the ball in both hands simply amazes me. It was a bit upseting that Bills lost, hope they can recoup and come good in the coming weeks.
For the last 2-3 months - I was beginning to dislike my cooking and today I made some out of the world Beans Sambar and Carrot/Peas curry. It tasted awesome and felt bad I could not share it with someone else. Now that I have got into cooking groove - I should try out new things in the coming week. Ooops...I better go to bed...another Monday, another week, another morning that I would really hate to wake up...
Watched the tamil flicks Ah Aah & Totti Jaya. Ah Aah was by SJ Suryah - not that I had planned to watch it - but it came my way and it had ARR music. The picturization of the songs were a little disappointing and I like to listen to Anbe Aaruiyire and Mayil Irege songs. The movie as such was just about okay. The director had tried to give life to memories and not sure if it worked out all that well. Totti Jaya was enacted by Simbu - though it had the same story line of a gangster falling in love and changing himself - it was quite fast paced and not boring. Harris Jeyaraj seems to be coming good in almost all movies. I like his songs in Ghajini as well. Interestingly - I watched my all time favorite movie - Mouna Ragam a couple of weeks ago. Compared to the recent movies I had watched - Mouna Ragam is far better. Mani is simply superb! I love the songs as well - so was thinking to myself - when is the next time I can watch a new movie that would get added to my all time favortie movie list.
Sunday was time for the Football game and Bills met the Falcons. I had expected a better showing from the home team Buffalo Bills - but they surrendered meekly to a better team today. Vick is a great Quarter back and his potential to throw the ball in both hands simply amazes me. It was a bit upseting that Bills lost, hope they can recoup and come good in the coming weeks.
For the last 2-3 months - I was beginning to dislike my cooking and today I made some out of the world Beans Sambar and Carrot/Peas curry. It tasted awesome and felt bad I could not share it with someone else. Now that I have got into cooking groove - I should try out new things in the coming week. Ooops...I better go to bed...another Monday, another week, another morning that I would really hate to wake up...
3 Comments:
At September 26, 2005 9:48 AM,
vimal said…
I miss sunday morning hot Idlies and chicken curry.
At September 26, 2005 4:52 PM,
VJ said…
dude - don't remind me about that! this gives me an idea though...am gonna ask my friend to make me some idlies and am gonna make some chicken curry (unfortunately my friend is a veggie)! this is gonna happen soon or this would be my thanksgiving meal! ;-)
At September 26, 2005 7:24 PM,
vimal said…
come to richmond man, i make super awesome idly and chicken curry
Post a Comment
<< Home