Hakuna Matata

- "No Worries" (Lion King) - "Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible"

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Back to Back Movies

Well, it had been a while since I hit the movie theatres and the list of movies to watch kept growing. So yesterday I decided to knock off a couple from the list and ended up in doing back to back movies - watched The Departed and Casino Royale.

The Departed - Fast paced, violent, and a truly roller-coaster ride of the plot. I liked the movie. Leonardo, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson have done a phenomenol job in the movie. Leonardo is a police recruit but is offered a dangerous undercover job by his superiors. His mission is to infiltrate the Boston crime boss Jack Nicholson from within, posing as a criminal himself. Matt Damon is one of Nicholson’s men who has joined the police force as a mole to keep tabs on the cops. As both these men get deep into their respective roles, their hunt for each other begins with one trying to reveal the other's true identity. Leonardo does exceedingly well in some crime scenes and Matt is equally good. I loved the plot and the movie. Departed Kicks Ass!

Casino Royale is the good old Bond movie. My expectations were sky rocket high, but one should keep in mind that this is one of those initial Bond times where he gets the "00" number and his license to kill. So the stunts and the usual fight sequences are very less. I felt very bad that the Bond car was not used to the fullest. The punch dialogues are simply awesome...listen intently. Definitely ok to watch the movie...do not have too much of expectation and you would be surely fine.


5 Comments:

  • At November 19, 2006 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good to see you back. write more stuff...that will be cool!

     
  • At November 20, 2006 11:09 AM, Blogger vimal said…

    Checkout 'Layer Cake' (Daniel Craig). It's a British movie.
    Similar to 'The Departed'.
    I liked 'Layer Cake' more.

    The last scene in 'Layer Cake', was awesome.
    I was like 'Godammit, how did I miss it' ;)

    NOTE:
    *******
    DO NOT read about the movie in Yahoo Movies. They have a spoiler in the first line. Not sure about the other Movie sites.

    Just watch the movie.

     
  • At November 21, 2006 12:02 AM, Blogger VJ said…

    @anon - Thanks!

    @Vimal - Sure dude! Will get the movie. Man, Departed was cool....do you think all the twists were really necessary?

     
  • At November 21, 2006 6:42 AM, Blogger vimal said…

    u mean in the end?

     
  • At November 22, 2006 10:08 AM, Blogger vimal said…

    well...if the climax is all about element of surprise...hell i was surprised.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home