Trip to Virginia...
Well just got back from the trip to Virginia. To sum up - Thrilling Trip!
As I said earlier - had a couple of things look forward in this trip - starting from meeting my classmates, Richmond, Virginia Beach, Adventure sports, etc. Seldom did I anticipate that there would be so many thrills involved through out the trip. I left early on Friday and believe me the flight was on time and I had kill a little time in DC. BMW arrived to pick me up (not to forget the chauffer was my batch mate for 4 years in college - Vimal). Having food as important criteria for any of my trips - we crashed straight into Ravi Kabob - a famous Pakistani place for Kabobs. After stuffing ourselves - I enjoyed the smooth cozy ride to reach Richmond late night. Sara arrived a couple minutes later and it was only fun from then on - back to college days! The next day as in hostel - Sara was carrying on with his usual antics and made us wait for the lunch. Lunch was awesome - Richmond is fortunate to have Curry House. Man - Dosa, Bajji, Biriyani, Chicken Curry was just awesome and a much needed break to my taste buds!
Virginia Beach is about a 2-hour drive from Richmond and we took a stroll, went to a bar at night and had loads of fun. Did some pretty good bird watching in the bar. The next day we all woke up to a gorgeous day out - sun way up in the sky, no clouds - perfect beach weather. Its been a wish for me to try water sports and there it was Jet Ski/Para Sailing beckoned us all. Man, Jet Ski is one of the best experiences I have had. The ride was deep inside the Atlantic - it was fun galore as I tried all the Bond movie stunts (well lucky enough not to fall down!!!) ParaSailing was good fun as well - we went up 1000ft and looking at the ocean from that altitude was just awesome. We took a dip at the ocean and returned to our dens for the day. What a thrilling, tiring day it was!?!
We visited Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel on the way back. It was a marvel to see a 20 mile bridge/tunnel constructed to connect the mainland’s. So basically there are 4 artificial islands that are connected by either a bridge or a tunnel. The tunnel runs under the ocean so that it can pave way for the ships to sail. Kewl huh!?! Thanks to Vimal - he took alternate routes to avoid the BIG traffic jam due to a lot of Memorial Day accidents and I made it just on time to the airport - just to know that the flight left early! (have you heard of this!) An eventful trip...
As I said earlier - had a couple of things look forward in this trip - starting from meeting my classmates, Richmond, Virginia Beach, Adventure sports, etc. Seldom did I anticipate that there would be so many thrills involved through out the trip. I left early on Friday and believe me the flight was on time and I had kill a little time in DC. BMW arrived to pick me up (not to forget the chauffer was my batch mate for 4 years in college - Vimal). Having food as important criteria for any of my trips - we crashed straight into Ravi Kabob - a famous Pakistani place for Kabobs. After stuffing ourselves - I enjoyed the smooth cozy ride to reach Richmond late night. Sara arrived a couple minutes later and it was only fun from then on - back to college days! The next day as in hostel - Sara was carrying on with his usual antics and made us wait for the lunch. Lunch was awesome - Richmond is fortunate to have Curry House. Man - Dosa, Bajji, Biriyani, Chicken Curry was just awesome and a much needed break to my taste buds!
Virginia Beach is about a 2-hour drive from Richmond and we took a stroll, went to a bar at night and had loads of fun. Did some pretty good bird watching in the bar. The next day we all woke up to a gorgeous day out - sun way up in the sky, no clouds - perfect beach weather. Its been a wish for me to try water sports and there it was Jet Ski/Para Sailing beckoned us all. Man, Jet Ski is one of the best experiences I have had. The ride was deep inside the Atlantic - it was fun galore as I tried all the Bond movie stunts (well lucky enough not to fall down!!!) ParaSailing was good fun as well - we went up 1000ft and looking at the ocean from that altitude was just awesome. We took a dip at the ocean and returned to our dens for the day. What a thrilling, tiring day it was!?!
We visited Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel on the way back. It was a marvel to see a 20 mile bridge/tunnel constructed to connect the mainland’s. So basically there are 4 artificial islands that are connected by either a bridge or a tunnel. The tunnel runs under the ocean so that it can pave way for the ships to sail. Kewl huh!?! Thanks to Vimal - he took alternate routes to avoid the BIG traffic jam due to a lot of Memorial Day accidents and I made it just on time to the airport - just to know that the flight left early! (have you heard of this!) An eventful trip...
2 Comments:
At June 02, 2005 9:13 AM,
vimal said…
Mams,
Pattaya Kelapiteenga.
Iam gonna download these pics.
At June 02, 2005 12:21 PM,
VJ said…
Thanks Mams! I will upload it on Web Shots so you can download high resolution pics.
Post a Comment
<< Home